As we roll into July it’s hard to believe that 2020 is already half-way over. This month however, Yamaha is celebrating 65 years since the founding of Yamaha Motor Company.
The journey since its inception has definitely been an exciting one and Yamaha invites you to take a step back in time on the evolution journey of the company. Just how well do you know your Yamaha facts? Well let’s take a stab with these pop quiz fun facts.
If you get stumped, you can find the answers at the bottom but let’s give it the old college try first.
- Q1: What was the name of the first WaveRunner model that debuted in 1985?
Fun Fact Hint: The name of the second tandem model released was actually called the WaveJammer 500!
- Q2: What year did Yamaha debut its first jet boat to market?
Fun Fact Hint: Our initial prototype, known as the RJP, was released 4 years earlier at the Tokyo Boat Show!
- Q3: Where are Yamaha jet boats assembled?
Fun Fact Hint: Not in Georgia where the WaveRunners are assembled, but close by.
- Q4: Who is known as the “WaveRunner Papa”?
Fun Fact Hint: He actually began conceptualizing what would become the WaveRunner in the 1970s!
Give up yet? Okay for those still scratching their heads, here are the answers. Now get out there on the water and celebrate with Yamaha Motors on 65 years.
- A1: WaveRunner 500
(Marine Jet 500T)
- A2: In 1995 the “Exciter” was released.
- A3: They are proudly assembled in Vonore, TN, USA.
- A4: Neil Kobayashi, who began developing the first WaveRunner in 1985.