For many, the first full week of August is joyous one because it’s when the kids have to go back to school. For others, it’s just another blistering hot week during the height of summer. So whether you’re rejoicing at the thought of having the house back, or looking just to get out of the heat, possibly one of the most anticipated recreation rides in the nation is also scheduled to happen on Saturday, August 3rd: The Broward Motorsports Rec Ride.
Slated to begin at 10am, riders are invited to launch from either the Caribbean Club, Yacht Club Drive Marina or John Pennekamp on Key Largo. You’re asked to be present at least an hour and a half before launch time as the crowd is sure to cause a backup at the ramp. From there, the mass will migrate to Alligator Reef and to the Islamorada Sandbar for some relaxing and food.
Make sure to fuel up too, because from Islamorada, the group will be heading back to their respective launch sites around 5:30pm. It’s sure to be a ton of fun with literally hundreds of like-minded PWC enthusiasts all in a gorgeous exotic location. See the video and full description below:
BROWARD MOTORSPORTS REC RIDE
Brought To You By Al3rt GPS
Location: Key Largo to Alligator Reef Lighthouse!
Join us on Saturday, August 3rd for the experience of a lifetime as we visit Key Largo, Alligator Reef & the Islamorada Sandbar! This ride will take us through The Florida Keys and out to visit the beautiful and popular “Alligator Reef” for some exploring and snorkeling. This area is spectacular!
We will be at Alligator Reef for roughly 1 hour. We will then head to the Islamorada Sandbar to relax, eat and enjoy the area. This will also be the time to fuel up if necessary. We will make our way back to our respective launch locations around 5:30 PM.
**We will be DEPARTING the boat ramps at 10:00 AM. Please arrive 1.5 Hours to 2 Hours prior to the 10:00 am launch time**
• Caribbean Club-104080 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo, FL 33037
• Yacht Club Drive Marina-107690 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo, FL 33037
• John Pennekamp State Park- 102601 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo, FL 33037
FUEL (Not a stop but if people need)
• Caloosa Cove Marina- 24.853100, -80.735685
• We will be having food barges at the sandbar but pack a lunch if you can.
WHAT TO BRING
• Your anchor(s)
• Snorkeling gear: fins, goggles, etc.
• Sunblock for the entire family
• Plenty of fluids
• Pack a lunch
• Extra fuel
• Listen for the Air horns to identify launch times at each stop
• After the Air horn, you have 10 mins. to load and prep your Ski(s)
• Please follow the lead skis and do not pass them
• With many out-of-town riders, it’s imperative we ride together
RIDE GROUPS Florida PWC Riders, H2O Addicts, Dade County Riders, and South FL Jetski
SPONSORS Pro Rider Magazine, Worx Racing, The Watercraft Journal, PWC Super Rack, SureCan, and Shockstrap