Few racers are enjoying a better streak of domination than Eric Lagopoulos. Eric made the change to Yamaha a little less than two years ago, and is not looking back. Opting to pursue glory in the smaller-displacement classes, the Sarasota, Florida native competed in the Pro Am Superstock 1100, IROC and 1100 classes at the 2018 IJSBA World Finals, Pro Watercross World Championships and the P1 AquaX Pro Series in Chicago, IL, respectively.
Piloting a Yamaha VX Sport and a EX Deluxe, Eric proved to the world what potential is buried in Yamaha’s Rec-LIte and Recreation lines. But this wasn’t too surprising to the folks at RIVA Racing and Kommander Industries. Eric paired with the two world class tuners to develop an insane 71mph turbo kit and MaptunerX combination that put him ahead of the pack.
Beginning with a Kommander TR-1 turbo kit, RIVA got to work with its MaptunerX to include both antilag and launch control. Being force-fed an undisclosed amount of boost, the EX’s ECU is remapped to use the OEM SVHO injectors and map sensor. Interestingly, a special Skat-Trak jet pump was also developed to put all of that newfound horsepower through the prop. See this wicked machine in action below:
Parts included in build:
- Kommander Industries TR-1 Turbo Kit
- RIVA/MaptunerX Performance ECU Tuning – # RY110NA-B-TR1
- Skat Trak Jet Pump & Impeller
- RIVA EX Intake Intake Grate – Part # RY22100
- RIVA EX Ride Plate – Part # RY21100
- RIVA EX Sponsons
- RIVA EX Steering System – Part # RY20100
- RIVA 30” Bars – Part # RS207BK-BAR-2
- ODI Grips – Part # L31RFW-S