The Watercraft Journal is very excited to announce our first ever T-shirt design contest! North America’s most popular personal watercraft magazine wants to invite all of you to use your creativity to create our first T-shirt design. Not only are we asking for you, our readers, to submit a T-shirt design, buy you’ll be picking the winning design too!
That’s right! All submissions will be posted on The Watercraft Journal‘s official Facebook page where you can vote for the winner! And we’ll have the winner announce just in time for this year’s IJSBA World Finals! To the winner not only goes all the bragging rights of having their design on The Watercraft Journal‘s special edition shirt for 2016, but we’re hooking you up with a $150 worth of sweet prizes!
While you don’t have to use our official logo (but is downloadable HERE), and there’s no tagline or phrase that needs to be included as part of the design, we encourage entries to keep your designs family friendly, and don’t use any copyrighted images, logos or phrases. (If photos or original artwork is involved, please keep in mind that we will need written permission by the image owner to reproduce the design for the purposes of resale.)
All design submissions will be accepted between today, Monday, August 24th, through Sunday, September 20th. From there, all designs will be published on The Watercraft Journal‘s official Facebook page for public voting between Monday, September 21st through Sunday, October 4th. The winner will be announced Monday, October 5th, with the massive Grand Prize (more on the prize to be revealed shortly) being sent out that same day, with the winning T-shirt will immediately go on sale that day. We’re excited to see what you will create!
Email all submissions and inquires regarding the contest to firstname.lastname@example.org
For complete contest details and rules, please see below.
All entrants must submit designs that adhere to the following:
- No copyrighted images may be used. If photos or original artwork is involved, The Watercraft Journal will need written permission by the image owner to reproduce the design for the purposes of resale.
- The winning design will become the sole property of The Watercraft Journal to be used in all media in perpetuity, at The Watercraft Journal’s discretion.
- Designs should be submitted at high resolution (300 DPI for a 10’’ x 10’’ space on the T-shirt front) as either an EPS or PNG file. Designs can be either CMYK or RGB.
- Artwork is being accepted for the front of the T-shirt only.
- Please limit all designs to (3) colors maximum. Please specify if designs are to be placed on a white or black shirt. Color options include, black, red, Kelly green, navy blue, royal blue, heathered blue, purple, gray, heather gray, heathered charcoal, forest green. Please make sure your design complements your choice of shirt color. Minor adjustments may be made to designs in order to accommodate design guidelines for printing on a dark shirt.
- Direct all submissions and inquires regarding the contest e-mailed to email@example.com
The Fine Print
Each entrant consents to allowing The Watercraft Journal to publicize his or her name as part of participant recognition. Winning designs become the sole property of The Watercraft Journal, and The Watercraft Journal reserves the exclusive right to sell apparel featuring designs royalty-free. By entering submissions, entrants certify that their design does not violate copyright, trademark or other rights held by third-parties.